Organic Gardening Solutions OGM 1L
OGM, or Organic Gardening Microbes, has been demonstrated to promote a more efficient release of nutrients from organic and microbial inputs, ultimately producing superior quality crops in terms of health, colour, flavour and yield.
OGM is a Probiotic Liquid Microbial Inoculant that requires no brewing. It contains five families, ten genera and more than 80 types of aerobic and anaerobic microbes including lactic acid bacteria, phytosynthetic bacteria, yeasts, fungi and actinomycetes.
The use of OGM leads to crops with improved health, flavour, colour and biomass by greatly increasing the content of disease preventing phytochemicals in and available to your plants. Studies have found that the fruit from OGM treated plants have twice the antioxidant activity than the same plants in absence of OGM. These benefits are achieved in part through a 34-54% increase in:
- Flavanol’s and Flavonol’s responsible for certain flavours (and health benefits for humans)
- Anthocyanin’s responsible for gorgeous deep purple, blue and red colourations, as well as protection from overexposure to UV light
- Other polyphenols used as signals in vital growth processes such as ripening, hormone control, deterrence of herbivores and the prevention of infection
In addition, the beneficial microorganisms in OGM accelerate the conversion of organic matter into humus and exude polysaccharides that lead to improved soil tilth.
Composting with OGM
On top of the fantastic benefits for your garden listed above, OGM can also serve as a composting accelerator. The microbes in EM-accelerated compost help to suppress foul odours, and the compost itself achieves a slightly higher temperature in the early stages of composting which can more rapidly kill off pathogens (the final pathogen levels are no lower than a standard compost pile that has finished cooking, but could make your compost “useable” sooner). Ultimately, EM-accelerated compost will observe about a 1% increase in plant available Nitrogen content, a 70% fat reduction and a slightly enhanced humification process over the course of 3 months when compared to compost piles without OGM. This makes OGM ideal for home composting.
- Brings extra flavours to crops
- Develops rich colours for vegetables, such as tomatoes and eggplant
- Deters plant-eating insects and infections
- Use a sprayer to foliage feed with OGM or add 3-5mL to 10L of water for a soil drench.
- For best results apply no more than once per week throughout the growing season.
- When composting: Using a solution of 5mL OGM per 10L water, pre-treat organic matter with a sprayer.